Watch Rick Steves' Europe Online - Full Episodes
Rick Steves takes his television audience to different, interesting destinations in Europe. The show is absorbing. It is an ancillary bonus to his travel guide: since the viewer is allowed to see first-hand what certain destinations provide visitors to the area.
He generally makes it a point to take his viewer to a number of ecclesiastical sight-seeing opportunities which he also regularly does so within his travel guides. He additionally makes it a habit of visiting many culinary venues. There is some mild drinking involved with respect to some of the gastronomical adventures: however, Rick never heavily imbibes. The alcohol is pertinent to the meal or cuisine. Special events and festivals, too, are covered within certain regions.
Rick advises viewers about how to get to the travel destination. The information is useful in that it provides his television audience with the types of public transportation available as well as other forms of transport within the region.
Rick, with each episode, takes his viewer to a different nation, region and respective village inside of the European continent. He makes it a point to share historical data about the region and/or attraction he is visiting.
Various accommodations; and dining venues ranging from fine-dining to more rustic style eateries are covered by the show's host. The accommodations are generally in close proximity to the sight-seeing attractions he visits. If the hotel is further away from the attraction: as alluded to above, the proper transportation sources are pointed out to the show's viewers.
Works of art and other cultural aspects of the city are shared. This aspect may seem a bit romanticized or poetical at first; however, all such descriptions are clearly relative to the region. The romanticized description makes the travel destination all the more culturally interesting.
The show, once again is obviously a source of promotion for the host's guidebooks. He also helps out the local business establishments, where he is visiting in his endorsement of their cuisine and wares for sale. However: Isn't that what the tourism industry is all about? Drumming up business for many of the area's unique shops; bistros, and other cultural attractions? The show, in summary, is very enjoyable - Rick's favorable recommendations more than likely appreciated by Rick's travel, television audience.
Rick Steves' Europe Full Episode Guide:
Season 7 (36 full episodes, 2 clips available)
Episode 14 - European Travel Skills: Part III
First Aired: January 04, 2013
Episode 13 - European Travel Skills: Part II
First Aired: December 28, 2012
Episode 12 - European Travel Skills: Part I
First Aired: December 21, 2012
Episode 11 - Venice and Its Lagoon
First Aired: December 14, 2012
- Episode 10 - Venice: City of Dreams
- Episode 9 - North Englandâ€™s Lake District and ...
- Episode 8 - London: Historic and Dynamic
- Episode 7 - Paris: Embracing Life and Art
- Episode 6 - Paris: Regal and Intimate
- Episode 5 - Florentine Delights and Tuscan Side ...
- Episode 4 - Florence: Heart of the Renaissance
- Episode 3 - Rome: Back-Street Riches
- Episode 2 - Rome: Baroque Brilliance
- Episode 1 - Rome: Ancient Glory
Season 6 (31 full episodes, 4 clips available)
- Episode 12 - Basque Country
- Episode 11 - Spain's Galicia and the Camino De San...
- Episode 10 - Helsinki and Tallinn: Baltic Sisters
- Episode 9 - Stockholm
- Episode 8 - Norway's West: Fjords, Mountains and ...
- Episode 7 - Oslo
- Episode 6 - Andalucía, Gibraltar and Tangier
- Episode 5 - Granada, Córdoba, and Spain's Costa D...
- Episode 4 - The Best of Slovenia
- Episode 3 - Dubrovnik and Balkan Side-Trips
- Episode 2 - Croatia: Adriatic Delights