The Practice is a television situational comedy and drama series about crime and civil disputes and the activities of partners of a particular law firm in Boston. This law firm was owned by Robert Donnell and his Associates.
The episodes were concerned about the law firm and how it handled popular civil and criminal cases about current events. The series aimed at portraying the proceedings of the American legal system.
The beginning of the series saw the owner of the law firm Donnell hire assistant lawyers and other members of staff. Donnell, at the time he was opening the firm had a vision of being at the service of the ingenuous people in society and protecting the. His dream was shattered when he found out the people he was trying to protect were the ones who kept a job like his going forward. Without such criminals he would not have any customers.
The members of the crew included Dylan McDermott who played the role of Bobby Donnell. he was the main attorney in the firm and from all indications his character did not suit the nature of his job. He struggled being a lawyer as his principles and the demands of the profession were contrasting.
Michael Badalucco played the role of Jimmy Berluti and was one of Donnell's associates and later became a partner of the firm. Being a Christian, he saw himself struggling with issues related to his conscience and his addictions.
Lara Boyle who starred as Helen Gamble was an assistant associate who would stop at nothing to prosecute all those who were guilty.
The drama aired on ABC for eight seasons with a total of 168 episodes. The series was developed and created by David Kelley and was co-produced by 20th Century Fox Television and Kelley Productions.
All the episodes of The Practice are available on DVD including a part that covered the processes of setting up The Practice.
The Practice Full Episode Guide:
Season 8 (0 sources)
Episode 22 - Cheers (a.k.a Adjourned: Series Final...
First Aired: May 16, 2004
Episode 21 - New Hoods on the Block
First Aired: May 02, 2004
Episode 20 - Comings and Goings
First Aired: April 25, 2004
Episode 19 - The Firm
First Aired: April 18, 2004
- Episode 18 - The Case Against Alan Shore (3)
- Episode 17 - War of the Roses (2)
- Episode 16 - In Good Conscience (1)
- Episode 15 - Mr. Shore Goes to Town (3)
- Episode 14 - Pre-Trial Blues (2)
- Episode 13 - Going Home (1)
- Episode 12 - Avenging Angels
- Episode 11 - Police State
- Episode 10 - Equal Justice
- Episode 9 - Victims' Rights
- Episode 8 - Concealing Evidence
- Episode 7 - Rape Shield
- Episode 6 - The Lonely People (2)
- Episode 5 - The Heat of Passion (1)
- Episode 4 - Blessed Are They (3)
- Episode 3 - Cause of Action (2)
- Episode 2 - The Chosen (1)
- Episode 1 - We the People
Season 7 (0 sources)
- Episode 22 - Goodbye (2)
- Episode 21 - Baby Love (1)
- Episode 20 - Heroes and Villians
- Episode 19 - Les Is More
- Episode 18 - Capitol Crimes
- Episode 17 - Burnout
- Episode 16 - Special Deliveries (2)
- Episode 15 - Choirboys (1)
- Episode 14 - The Making of a Trial Attorney
- Episode 13 - Character Evidence
- Episode 12 - Final Judgment (2)
- Episode 11 - Down The Hatch (1)
- Episode 10 - Silent Partners
- Episode 9 - The Good Fight
- Episode 8 - Bad to Worse
- Episode 7 - Small Sacrifices
- Episode 6 - The Telltale Nation
- Episode 5 - Neighboring Species
- Episode 4 - The Cradle Will Rock
- Episode 3 - Of Thee I Sing
- Episode 2 - Convictions
- Episode 1 - Privilege