Anna Faris Nearly Died Over Thanksgiving

Anna Faris got lucky over the Thanksgiving holiday. The actions of first responders and medical professional saved the actress and her family from a situation that could very easily have been fatal. Read on for details.

Via People.

Anna Faris has at least one more thing to be thankful for after a scary encounter with carbon monoxide on Thanksgiving.

The actress, 43, celebrated the holiday at a rented vacation home in Lake Tahoe, California, with family last week, when several guests complained of feeling ill. The group of 13 at first wrote it off as potential altitude sickness, the North Tahoe Fire Protection District said in a press release.

Two guests headed to the hospital, where carbon monoxide was determined to be the culprit. That’s when first responders were called to check up on the other 11 guests.

After inspecting the rental home, the safety crew said the living space had more than six times the maximum recommended indoor carbon monoxide levels — even with windows and doors open for ventilation.

Everyone was then treated for their symptoms, and two more were taken to the hospital for care.

Thanking the first responders for helping her family, Faris described the incident as “stupidly dramatic” in a tweet on Friday.

“I’m not quite sure how to express gratitude to the north Lake Tahoe fire department- we were saved from carbon monoxide- it’s a stupidly dramatic story but I’m feeling very fortunate,” she wrote, sharing a photo from inside the house’s dining area.

First responders said the family is “lucky to be alive.” The source of the gas was not identified, and the residence did not have carbon monoxide alarms installed.

“We are so thankful to report that this holiday disaster was averted,” Mike Schwartz, fire chief for North Tahoe Fire, said in a statement. “Situational awareness is so important. Whether you are at home or traveling, it is important ensure that smoke and CO alarms are in working order anywhere you stay.”

He added: “It’s not a bad idea to consider bringing your own alarm when you travel, just to be safe.”

Get the rest of the story at People.

Do you know the dangers of carbon monoxide? Tell us about them in the comments below.