Watch Switched at Birth Online - Full Episodes
Switched at Birth airs on ABC Family. The show features two teenagers, Daphne Vasquez and Bay Kenish, and their respective families. Viewers learn that the two girls were switched in the hospital and given to the wrong families. The show chronicles the lives of both families as they learn to live together, and features the drama that unfolds in all of their lives.
Daphne lives with a single mother Regina. Regina works as a hairdresser and the family lives very modestly on her income. Daphne is hearing impaired and is verbal, also reading lips and using sign language. Daphne attends a school for hearing impaired students. Daphne plays basketball on the school team. Her best friend, Emmett, is also hearing impaired and begins dating Bay.
Bay lives with parents John and Kathryn Kenish and her brother, Toby. The Kenish family is very wealthy. John Kenish was a professional baseball player. Kathryn decides to sue the hospital for the mistake of mixing up Bay and Daphne when they were born. Her husband supports her in this pursuit but Regina wants nothing to do with the court case or involving the government. Kathryn also decides to write a memoir about her life raising a daughter that is not biologically hers.
Much of Switched at Birth involves the guys that Daphne and Bay date, and the adjustments that come with learning of their real identities. Although the daughters continue to live with the families that raised them, they also try having relationships with their biological parents. This is sometimes a big adjustment to both of them, as the families have quite different socioeconomic backgrounds and living styles. Despite the differences there are also similarities. Daphne bonds with her biological father, John, over their love of sports and Bay is very much like her biological mother, Regina, in that they both are artists and have a rebellious streak in them.
Another of the major plot lines in Switched at Birth is Bay trying to find her biological father. The subject is a difficult one for Regina and Daphne and Bay enlists Emmett to help find him. Part of the difficulty is that Regina seems to be hiding something about his identity.
Switched at Birth has run for two seasons on ABC Family and a third season is set to air in the fall of 2012.
Switched at Birth Full Episode Guide:
Season 2 (40 full episodes, 64 clips available)
Episode 10 - Introducing the Miracle
First Aired: March 11, 2013
Episode 9 - Uprising
First Aired: March 04, 2013
Episode 8 - Tight Rope Walker
First Aired: February 25, 2013
Episode 7 - Drive in the Knife
First Aired: February 18, 2013
- Episode 6 - Human/Need/Desire
- Episode 5 - The Acquired Inability to Escape
- Episode 4 - Dressing For The Charade
- Episode 3 - Duel Between Two Women
- Episode 2 - The Awakening Conscience
- Episode 1 - The Door to Freedom
Season 1 (90 full episodes, 52 clips available)
- Episode 30 - Street Noises Invade the House
- Episode 29 - The Trial
- Episode 28 - We Are the Kraken of Our Own Sinking ...
- Episode 27 - The Declaration of Independence
- Episode 26 - The Tree of Forgiveness
- Episode 25 - The Shock of Being Seen
- Episode 24 - The Intruder
- Episode 23 - This Is the Color of My Dreams
- Episode 22 - Venus, Cupid, Folly, And Time
- Episode 21 - The Sleep Of Reason Produces Monsters
- Episode 20 - Game On
- Episode 19 - Write A Lonely Soldier
- Episode 18 - The Art Of Painting
- Episode 17 - Protect Me From What I Want
- Episode 16 - Las Dos Fridas
- Episode 15 - Expulsion From the Garden of Eden
- Episode 14 - Les Soeurs D'estrees
- Episode 13 - Self Portrait with a Bandaged Ear
- Episode 12 - The Tempest
- Episode 11 - Starry Night
- Episode 10 - The Homecoming
- Episode 9 - Paradise Lost
- Episode 8 - Pandora's Box
- Episode 7 - The Stag Hunt
- Episode 6 - The Persistence Of Memory
- Episode 5 - Dogs Playing Poker
- Episode 4 - Dance Amongst Daggers
- Episode 3 - Portrait of My Father
- Episode 2 - American Gothic
- Episode 1 - This is Not a Pipe
If You Like Switched at Birth, Then Try...
Switched at Birth News
ABC Family is rolling out a new one-hour scripted drama for the summer months. "Switched at Birth" follows the lives of two teenage girls who were given to the wrong parents as babies in the hospital. Growing up, the two girls could not have had different upbringings. One of them, Daphne Vasquez, lost her hearing as a young girl due to meningitis and was raised in a working class home by a single mother.