Degrassi: The Next Generation
Degrassi: The Next Generation is a Canadian television show popular among pre-teens and teenagers alike. The show is essentially a continuation of the original Degrassi series, which aired during the 70s and 80s. The show itself is popular for tackling many real-life situations that teenagers these days go through in their middle school, high school, and college years. Perhaps one of the most appealing aspects of the show to its audience is the fact that these situations are portrayed realistically and many episodes feature plots that are relevant to current issues among teens.
The show features a large cast of characters at different stages in their school careers and life paths. However, the original cast of Degrassi: The Next Generation from when the show premiered in 2001 no longer remains, as they have all moved on to other career endeavors. For example, Aubrey Graham's character of Jimmy Brooks has since become a rap star in the United States and Canada known as "Drake", and has enjoyed much success with this career in music.
Degrassi: The Next Generation premiered in 2001 and is now going into its tenth season with a completely new cast, or "generation", as the title of the show suggests. In fact, the new season will be the first season to incorporate the new name change of the show from Degrassi: The Next Generation to simply Degrassi.
As mentioned above, the show is known for taking on realistic topics that teenagers often go through, even if they are controversial. For example, Degrassi has aired episodes related to school shootings, teenagers "coming out" as being homosexual, eating disorders, affairs, characters being diagnosed with cancer, and much more. And while some of these topics have been controversial in nature, many of the show's fans appreciate the fact that there is a show that does not sugar coat the teenage experience and shows many pre-teens and teenagers that they are not alone.
While the cast of the show has changed over the years, the overall plot remains the same. And it seems as though the show will continue to tackle issues among teenagers in a way that is thought provoking and entertaining for people of all ages. Degrassi airs on various channels in Canada, the country where it is filmed. In the United States, it can be found on the Nickelodeon-owned network, "The N," among a few others that often show reruns.
Degrassi: The Next Generation Full Episode Guide:
Season 14 (1 full episode)
Episode 14 - In the Cold of the Night, pt. 2
First Aired: May 18, 2012
Season 13 (74 full episodes)
Episode 38 - It's The End of The World As We Know ...
First Aired: April 19, 2013
Episode 37 - It's The End of The World As We Know ...
First Aired: April 12, 2013
Episode 36 - Zombie, Pt. 2
First Aired: April 05, 2013
- Episode 35 - Zombie, Pt. 1
- Episode 34 - Karma Police, Pt. 2
- Episode 33 - Karma Police, Pt. 1
- Episode 32 - Ray of Light Pt. 2
- Episode 31 - Ray of Light Pt.1
- Episode 30 - Bittersweet Symphony, Pt. 2
- Episode 29 - Bittersweet Symphony, Pt. 1
- Episode 28 - Tonight, Tonight, Pt. 2
- Episode 27 - Tonight, Tonight, Pt. 1
- Episode 26 - I Want It That Way, Pt. 2
- Episode 25 - I Want It That Way, Pt. 1
- Episode 24 - Doll Parts, Pt. 2
- Episode 23 - Doll Parts, Pt. 1
- Episode 22 - Building a Mystery, Pt. 2
- Episode 21 - Building a Mystery, Pt. 1
- Episode 20 - Scream, Pt. 2
- Episode 19 - Scream, Pt. 1
- Episode 18 - Sabotage, Pt. 2
- Episode 17 - Sabotage, Pt. 1
- Episode 16 - Never Ever, Pt. 2
- Episode 15 - Never Ever, Pt. 1
- Episode 14 - Rusty Cage, Pt. 2
- Episode 13 - Rusty Cage, Pt. 1
- Episode 12 - Waterfalls, Pt. 2
- Episode 11 - Waterfalls, Pt. 1
- Episode 10 - Closer to Free, Pt. 2
- Episode 9 - Closer to Free, Pt. 1
- Episode 8 - Say It Ain't So, Pt. 2
- Episode 7 - Say It Ain't So, Pt. 1
- Episode 6 - Got Your Money, Pt. 2
- Episode 5 - Got Your Money, Pt. 1
- Episode 4 - Walking On Broken Glass, Pt. 2
- Episode 3 - Walking On Broken Glass, Pt. 1
- Episode 2 - Come As You Are, Pt. 1
- Episode 1 - Come As You Are, Pt. 1