The television series Grey's Anatomy focuses on the life of Dr. Meredith Grey, as well as her friends, family, colleagues, and acquaintances. Grey's mother was an incredible surgeon, and now Meredith is following in her footsteps. The show follows Grey through her intern days to the time when she is actually a trained surgeon, helping to teach her own set of interns.
Grey's Anatomy is essentially a medical show depicting the daily lives of those who work at Seattle Grace Hospital, Meredith, the neuro-surgeon she is seeing, Dr. Sheperd, her best friend, Cristina, the Chief, and many more. Doctors are as much real people as anyone else, with their own set of problems to deal with. They face hardships, heartache, loss, and all of the same things that anybody has to, and the show shows that.
Meredith's mother, Ellis Grey, once worked at Seattle Grace hospital, too. She was one of the best surgeons not only there, but anywhere. Growing up, Meredith's mother was not the best mom around by any means, working late and ignoring Meredith. If she wasn't ignoring her, she was scolding her. To top it off, she was having an affair, which Meredith had to keep quiet from her father. This led to a lot of resentment and anger toward her mother, which didn't go away, even when she became sick with Alzheimer's disease. The illness did not stop her mother from treating her the same way she always had.
Despite the anger at her mother, Meredith did go on to follow in her footsteps, attending medical school and wanting to become a doctor, even working at the very same hospital her mother did. Her mom may have been hard on her, but in part it made Meredith the great doctor she has become.
Grey's Anatomy is well-loved by many, with the series going strong for nine seasons so far. Many well-known actors and actresses play the roles of the Seattle Grace doctors, such as Patrick Dempsey, who plays Derrick Sheperd, Katherine Heigl, who plays Izzy Stevens, and Sandra Oh, who plays Cristina Yang. They, along with the rest of the talented actors and actresses who partake in the show, such as Ellen Pompeo, Justin Chambers, Chandra Wilson, and Sara Ramirez, plus many others, make this show a favorite of fans all around the world.
The series was created by Shonda Rhimes in 2005 and will still be going strong past 2013. The show is currently on its ninth season, airing on ABC. Each season is full of drama, heartache, frustration, as well as hope, friendship, and, of course, love. At the end of each season, there is always a major tragedy that occurs, almost always leaving one of the beloved doctors dead, with the rest of them going on into the next season facing the loss of their friend, family member, significant other, or whatever the case may be. As fans become immersed in the show, they too feel the loss of that beloved character.
Although they are doctors, they too go through death, loss, and heartache, and the show proves that. They get sick. They get hurt. They have just as many horrible things happen to them as anyone can. But through it all, they stick together. They're not just separate doctors working at the same hospital. The doctors of Seattle Grace hospital are family. They are friends. Some are in relationships. They care about one another. Fans love to watch the show and watch the various relationships and friendships between their favorite characters grow and develop, and sometimes even drift apart.
Grey's Anatomy Full Episode Guide:
Season 9 (77 full episodes, 25 clips available)
Episode 24 - Perfect Storm
First Aired: May 16, 2013
Episode 23 - Readiness is All
First Aired: May 09, 2013
Episode 22 - Do You Believe in Magic
First Aired: May 02, 2013
Episode 21 - Sleeping Monster
First Aired: April 25, 2013
- Episode 20 - She's Killing Me
- Episode 19 - Can't Fight This Feeling
- Episode 18 - Idle Hands
- Episode 17 - Transplant Wasteland
- Episode 16 - This Is Why We Fight
- Episode 15 - Hard Bargain
- Episode 14 - The Face Of Change
- Episode 13 - Bad Blood
- Episode 12 - Walking on a Dream
- Episode 11 - The End is the Beginning is the End
- Episode 10 - Things We Said Today
- Episode 9 - Run, Baby, Run
- Episode 8 - Love Turns You Upside Down
- Episode 7 - I Was Made For Lovin You
- Episode 6 - Second Opinion
- Episode 5 - Beautiful Doom
- Episode 4 - I Saw Her Standing There
- Episode 3 - Love the One You're With
- Episode 2 - Remember the Time
- Episode 1 - Going, Going, Gone
Season 8 (120 full episodes, 1 clip available)
- Episode 24 - Flight
- Episode 23 - Migration
- Episode 22 - Let the Bad Times Roll
- Episode 21 - Moment of Truth
- Episode 20 - The Girl with No Name
- Episode 19 - Support System
- Episode 18 - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Episode 17 - One Step Too Far
- Episode 16 - If Only You Were Lonely
- Episode 15 - Have You Seen Me Lately?
- Episode 14 - All You Need Is Love
- Episode 13 - If/Then
- Episode 12 - Hope For The Hopeless
- Episode 11 - This Magic Moment
- Episode 10 - Suddenly
- Episode 9 - Dark Was the Night
- Episode 8 - Heart-shaped Box
- Episode 7 - Put Me In, Coach
- Episode 6 - Poker Face
- Episode 5 - Love, Loss and Legacy
- Episode 4 - What Is It About Men
- Episode 3 - Take the Lead
- Episode 2 - She's Gone
- Episode 1 - Free Falling