Watch The City Online - Full Episodes
The City is an MTV reality series that chronicles the life of Whitney Port after she leaves California to join the fashion world in New York City. It was not as successful as the first MTV reality series in which Port was featured. The series was cancelled after two seasons that ran from 2008 to 2010.
When Whitney moves to New York City, she begins working for Diane von Furstenberg. Within a few months, she begins working for People's Revolution for a fashion publicist with whom she had worked in California -- Kelly Cutrone. Kelly is a cutthroat boss who is no nonsense. Whitney is used to this and appears to be one of her more competent and trusted employees. Because of Whitney's profession, much of the series revolves around the New York fashion scene.
Characters in the show include Whitney Port's friends, co-workers, bosses, rivals and love interests. The most prominent of these cast mates is Olivia Palermo who is often seen as Port's rival and a snide socialite. Whitney gets a roommate halfway through the first season that is named Roxy and becomes her close friend. After Whitney leaves work with Diane von Furstenberg, so does Olivia. Whitney goes to work for People's Revolution and Olivia goes to work with Elle. Rather than following only Whitney, the show follows Olivia at Elle as well, so there are several characters that come from the Elle offices.
A lot of the first part of the series centers on Whitney's relationship with musician Jay. She goes through several ups and downs with him before deciding to break it off. She focuses much more on her career than on her love life. After the split, Jay was no longer on the show. The rest of it was more about Whitney's social life with her friends and her work life.
The City Full Episode Guide:
Season 2 (46 full episodes)
Episode 12 - Lost In Translation
First Aired: July 13, 2010
Episode 11 - Roommate Wanted
First Aired: July 06, 2010
Episode 10 - Stage Fight
First Aired: June 29, 2010
Episode 9 - One Girl's Trash
First Aired: June 22, 2010
- Episode 8 - Work Horses and Show Ponies
- Episode 7 - The British Are Coming
- Episode 6 - Fashion With a Capital F
- Episode 5 - The Belle of Elle
- Episode 4 - Queen of Diamonds
- Episode 3 - Professionally Dangerous
- Episode 2 - Friends in High Places
- Episode 1 - Show 'Em What You've Got
Season 1 (95 full episodes)
- Episode 23 - Everything On the Line
- Episode 22 - If You Want Something Done Right...
- Episode 21 - Forget About Boys
- Episode 20 - Friends and Foe-Workers
- Episode 19 - Weekend At Freddie's
- Episode 18 - Hit It And Quit It
- Episode 17 - Meet the Fackelmayers
- Episode 16 - It's All Who You Know
- Episode 15 - Working Girls
- Episode 14 - Sleeping With The Frenemy
- Episode 13 - I Lost Myself In Us
- Episode 12 - I'm Sorry Whit
- Episode 11 - Fool Me Twice, Shame On Me
- Episode 10 - The Past Catches Up
- Episode 9 - Unexpected Roommates
- Episode 8 - Mingling With The Commoners
- Episode 7 - The Truth Hurts
- Episode 6 - He Never Said He Had A Girlfriend
- Episode 5 - Boys Night Out
- Episode 4 - Good Things Come In Threes
- Episode 3 - The L Word
- Episode 2 - The Truth Will Reveal Itself
- Episode 1 - If She Can Make It Here...
- Episode 0 - From The Hills To The City